Welcome to the Chunkster Reading Challenge - a challenge which satisfies those readers who like their books fat and chunky!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Chunkster Challenge







Welcome to the 2015 Chunkster Challenge! I’m your host, Vasilly.

Wondering what’s a chunkster? A chunkster is an adult or YA book, non-fiction or fiction, that’s 450 pages or more.

Here’s the rules for this year’s challenge:


  • Audio books and e-books are allowed. You want to listen to a chunkster on audio? Be my guest.
  • Essay, short story, and poetry collections are allowed but they have to be read in their entirety to count.
  •  Books may crossover with other challenges.
  • Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog. Feel free to leave your progress on the monthly link-up posts. 
  •  You don’t have to list your books ahead of time. 
  •  Graphic novels don’t count. Reading a chunkster graphic novel isn’t the same as reading a non-graphic chunkster.


Just like last year, there won’t be any levels with this challenge. How you challenge yourself is up to you. Read 1 book for this challenge or 20. It’s all up to you.

I understand that chunksters can be a bit intimidating. My goal is to encourage as many people as possible to give chunksters a try. We all love short books because we can get through them in a sitting or a few days. It’s different with chunksters. With chunksters, you have to slow down and take your time. The Chunkster Challenge is all about having fun and reading good books. 

All I ask is that participants either write a post or leave a comment in the comments section letting the world know that you’re participating. You can also link directly to your post about this challenge below in Mr. Linky. 

 I’ll be right here to cheer you on. Happy reading.

Mr. Linky is now closed. Please leave your link in the comments.




22 comments:

  1. Yay! My post will go up on Jan. 1! I love this Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am participating; will post a link on Dec. 31 or Jan. 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this challenge, I really like chunkster, but I didn't know these books have a name so weird, chunkster-chunkster-chunkster :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. count me in :) Though I'm not a big fan of chunkster, I'd like to challenge myself. I'll make wrap-up post at the end of the year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in! I read and blog in Spanish but anyway I want to join! Let's see how many chunksters I can read in these 365 days :P

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intentionally cutting back on my goal for number of books to read this year specifically to read more big books and this is just the added incentive I need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting this, it's great to be joining in with it. I love the design of the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I'm planning to re-read Dune this year I think this will be a good challenge for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in the midst of TWO 800 page books -- how could I resist signing up for your challenge??? Don't have a particular list in mind for this year, I"ll put my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If anyone needs a book (465 pp. in paperback, somewhat longer in digital editions), you can download the first half of my novel "Irish Firebrands" at my blog, or from Smashwords. When you get to the end of the sample, contact me via my blog Feedback > Guestbook, and I'll send you the rest of the book (be sure to mention that you're doing the Chunkster Challenge). I also have it in audio files (beta edition) - contact me at my blog for this option. I'm at: irishfirebrands.wordpress.com
    - Christine Plouvier

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have several books that qualify for the challenge, and I'm excited to be participating for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another first time participant, very excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my 2nd year, and I'm hoping to tackle 10. Really focused on page count this year for me overall goals rather than book count so that I can read whatever I choose without worrying about how long it is. I've got quite a few chunksters on my TBR this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm signing up for 5, but hoping for more! Here's my link for my sign-up post: http://goo.gl/HnoVtl

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am going to try this.
    Lots of my goal books are in this
    category.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rather late signing up! But here we go:
    https://onebookbutterfly.wordpress.com/2015/02/10/2015-reading-challenges/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this challenge! Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just finished reading Quo Vadis? and it's wonderful! I highly recommend this chunkster :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am up for this too. Here's my official sign up! :)
    https://nerderlyne.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/chunkster-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in! Chunksters are all I need this summer.
    Here's my post: https://nerderlyne.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/chunkster-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm late to sign up. I thought I had! Here's my link: http://www.rosecityreader.com/2015/05/2015-challenge-chunkster-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Better late than never! Here's my post:

    http://www.readthisbookyall.com/?page_id=160

    ReplyDelete

We love discussion! Please tell us what you think!