The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma (Atria Books, June 2011) is one gorgeous book with stunning end pages and a depiction of the map of time from the story. This novel has gotten some great reviews which call it "strange and wonderful,""brilliant and breathtaking," and "singularly inventive."
Browse inside the book.
I hope you'll be joining our discussion March 15th, here on the Chunkster Challenge blog!
BOOK GIVE AWAY
February 1, 2013 through February 14, 2013 (at 5:00 pm PST)
I am also super excited to announce a book giveaway of Palma's second book in the series: The Map of the Sky (Atria Books, September 2012). The publisher has very generously offered up FIVE, SIGNED editions for us to give away to readers with US or Canada mailing addresses. Today, we are going to offer up TWO of those copies to TWO lucky winners.
Usually I try to keep our giveaways international (so in the past I've offered to mail books out of the country if we get a winner outside of US or Canada) - however, with the huge hike in shipping rates as of the end of January, I will not be able to do this any longer. My apologies to our international readers.
ABOUT MAP OF THE SKY:
A love story serves as backdrop for The Map of the Sky when New York socialite Emma Harlow agrees to marry millionaire Montgomery Gilmore, but only if he accepts her audacious challenge: to reproduce the extraterrestrial invasion featured in Wells’s War of the Worlds. What follows are three brilliantly interconnected plots to create a breathtaking tale of time travel and mystery, replete with cameos by a young Edgar Allan Poe, and Captain Shackleton and Charles Winslow from The Map of Time.
So, here is how this giveaway will work...
- Two, signed books are up for grabs (watch this site in March when three more copies will be given away and participants in the Chunky book club will get additional entries for those books) to US or Canada mailing addresses.
- ANYONE may enter, but there are ways to get extra entries (see below).
- Contest will close at 5:00 pm (PST) on February 14th and two winners will be randomly chosen and announced here on the Chunkster Blog.
- A legitimate email address must be provided for each entry to be valid OR if you have not provided an email address and I announce your name on the blog, you must respond to me within 5 days with a legitimate email address in order to claim your prize (otherwise, I will select another name).
HOW TO ENTER:
- Leave a separate comment for each entry and include a legitimate email address (if your email is connected to your blogger account and I can access it, that is fine).
- For ONE entry: Leave a comment, any comment.
- For a SECOND entry: Join the Chunkster Challenge and the leave me a comment telling me you did so.
- For a THIRD entry: Like the Map of Time Facebook Page, then come back and tell me you did so.
- For a FOURTH entry: Tweet or blog about the contest, come back and leave me a link to your tweet or blog post.