Photo courtesy of Amed Amir via Flickr Creative Commons
It’s August, the perfect month to curl up with a chunkster. There’s something about hot weather and thick books that just go together. We’re eight months into the Chunkster Challenge and I think now is a great time to see how everyone’s doing so far. There are a few things that I want to know about your chunky experience. Feel free to answer in the comments or write a blog post about it.
- How are you doing so far with the challenge? Is your reading on schedule or are you behind?
- If you haven't started reading any chunksters yet, is there a reason? Maybe time or you've just haven't found the right book yet?
- What’s the best chunkster that you’ve read this year?
- Is there a chunkster on your tbr list/pile that you’re looking forward to reading before the end of the challenge?
Here’s my answers:
- Right now I’m a little behind with the challenge but I plan on starting It by Stephen King for a read-along next week.
- The best chunkster I’ve read this year is easily Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.
- A chunkster that I’m looking forward to reading before the end of the challenge is probably Forever by Pete Hamill. It’s an older book that I’ve read a lot of positive things about.