Welcome to the Chunkster Reading Challenge - a challenge which satisfies those readers who like their books fat and chunky!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Announcement

Last year when Wendy and I thought of the Chunky Book Club, we were so excited to find a way to interact more with Chunkster participants. Unfortunately, that hasn’t worked out as planned. So we’ve decided to abandon the book club. Thank you to everyone who has participated over the past year or so.

In a few days, I’m going to put up the sign-up posts for the 2014 Chunkster Challenge. Remember to look out for that.


Wendy has been the host of this challenge for years now. As of last week, I've taken over the reins as Chunkster host. Thank you, Wendy for all your hard work and dedication on this challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry the book club did not work well.
    I have kept up with reading chunkster books this year, but won't be able to meet the greater than 750 page book I was to read. Will post my challenge update at end of this month.
    Thanks for being a great host!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame. I loved the challenge for the chunky books, have read 32 inlcuding 12 super chunky ones so far. It's a great way of keeping up with how much I read. But I will certainly do my own one next year.

    And loved the "book club" books. too.

    I hope you will still post something, though.

    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne - the challenge is not going away - Vasilly will continue to host that in 2014. The only thing going away is the Book Club which was just not garnering enough interest and participation for us to continue to do it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all your work, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

We love discussion! Please tell us what you think!